(Vid) Behind the Numbers: New media & its impact on fandom
Celebrating the Fan Experience Part 3: Sabermetrics, Social Media & the Impact on Fandom
Hosts: Wayne Parillo and Rob Shaw
Behind the Numbers is a series of conversations and discussions with baseball, blog, sabermetric, and fantasy experts.
Dave Cameron covers topics from super 2 status, sabermetrics hitting the main stream, and how new media such as social media and twitter changes the way he is Mariner’s fan. Plus some good old fashioned stories and thoughts on Jose Bautista, the Cardinals, and Charlie Blackmon.
Watch the entire episode, or use the links below to jump to the exact point you want.
- Cases of mistaken identity on twitter and that he is not the Prime Minister of England 0:39 – 1:26
- Super 2 status & why young players are being called up this week 1:30 – 2:59
- Young players in the Pacific Coast League and what to REALLY to expect from them 3:00 – 4:48
- A more critical fan response – how so much information affect Dave’s Mariner’s fandom & how he views baseball 4:49 – 6:19
- Sabermetrics hits the main stream as social media and access to information changes the way people interact, including David Cone and mentions on the YES network 6:20 – 8:22
- Apps, twitter, writer rumors, and the greatest impact of new media on the old game 8:23 – 10:19
- Is new media helping or hurting the average fan? 10:20 – 11:22
- Why Dave is okay with corporations subsizing the fan experience 11:23 – 13:27
- How twitter makes you feel like you’re watching the game with other people & how going to the ballpark is an escape 13:28 – 14:38
- The distracted fan: is technology going to be dangerous for fans at the ballpark? 14:52 – 15:53
- Jose Bautista hits like Barry Bonds, how his approach is like a 6-years-old and why it is awesome 15:54 – 17:12
- Albert Pujols’s once a decade slump & how strong the Cardinals actually are 17:28 – 18:14
- Dave’s super secret sleeper: Charlie Blackman 18:25 – 19:20
- July 7th, Fangraphs live at the Saber conference & why everyone should show up 19:36 – 21:20
For the best fantasy baseball analysis and insight please visit BloombergSports.com
Follow us on twitter at: